The "Fiber Optics in Concrete Countertops" Class is Back by Popular Demand
The Concrete Countertop Institute, in conjunction with Robert Sapp of Coastal Concrete Counters, will offer its popular Fiber Optics in Concrete Countertops class on Saturday, July 28, 2007.
PRLog.Org) – Raleigh, NC - The Concrete Countertop Institute, in conjunction with Robert Sapp of Coastal Concrete Counters, will offer its popular Fiber Optics in Concrete Countertops class on Saturday, July 28, 2007.
Robert Sapp, inventor of the Illumistone process for fiber optic lighting in concrete countertops, is the instructor for the class, which offers detailed hands on instruction in each step of producing a fiber optic countertop. The "cooking show" method is used to get through all of the steps in one day.
The class covers:
· design considerations and constraints for effective use of fiber optic lighting in concrete countertops and surfaces
· power and ventilation considerations and constraints
· proper procedures for embedding fiber optic lighting in a mold
· how to place concrete into a mold containing fiber optic lighting, without disturbing the fiber optic cable
· exactly how to terminate a fiber optic cable bundle and connect it to an illuminator unit safely
· how to finish a concrete countertop containing fiber optic lighting, so that you can create a high-quality finish that doesn't jeopardize the fiber optics
· list of exactly what equipment you need and where to buy it
Sapp explains, “The goal is that when you leave the class, you will completely understand how to make a fiber optic concrete countertop and can go home and start practicing. This is a quick way to learn a technique that can give you an instant ‘wow factor’ for your concrete countertop business.”
Jeff Girard, P.E., President of The Concrete Countertop Institute (CCI), says, “The reason CCI offers this class is that adding fiber optics to concrete countertops may seem simple, but there are many tips, tricks and considerations. A hands on, in person class is the best way to learn quickly and thoroughly.”
This class is open only to concrete countertop professionals who have been making precast concrete countertops as a business for paying customers for at least one year and is limited to 24 students.
About Coastal Concrete Counters:
Robert Sapp is a former Navy nuclear submariner and the president of Coastal Concrete Counters in Pensacola, Florida. Coastal Concrete Counters offers countertops of all shapes and sizes, concrete surfaces such as fireplace hearths and surrounds, custom crafted concrete and metal furniture and table tops and Illumistone, an exclusive line of concrete surfaces incorporating fiber optic lighting.
About The Concrete Countertop Institute:
The Concrete Countertop Institute’s mission is to help concrete countertop professionals succeed. Through its CCI Training Programs, the Institute provides contractors with intensive, comprehensive training that helps them achieve success in the business of making concrete countertops. CCI also offers information and networking opportunities via the Concrete Connections website and the Concrete Countertop Industry Conference.
More Concrete News & Information Here